Innovation and quality in mammography
The new leader in the AMULET series. Tomosynthesis, 3D mammography and biopsy are all available.
Unique new detector for fast
AMULET Innovality employs a direct-conversion flat panel detector made of Amorphous Selenium (a-Se) which exhibits excellent conversion efficiency in the mammographic X-ray spectrum. The new HCP (Hexagonal Close Pattern) detector efficiently collects electrical signal converted from X-rays to realize both high resolution and low noise. This unique design makes it possible to realize a higher DQE (Detective Quantum Efficiency) than with the square pixel array of conventional TFT panels. With the information collected by the HCP detector, AMULET Innovality creates high definition images with a pixel size of 50 μm; the finest available with a direct-conversion detector.
This low-noise and high-speed switching technology allows tomosynthesis exposures with a low X-ray dosage and short acquisition time to be performed. Fast image display is also possible, realizing a smooth mammography aworkflow from exposure to image display.
Left: Conventional square pixel
Right: AMULET Innovality hexagonal pixel
Tomosynthesis: making it possible to observe the internal structure of the breast
In breast tomosynthesis, the X-ray tube moves through an arc while acquiring a series of low-dose x-ray images. The images taken from different angles are reconstructed into a range of Tomosynthesis slices where the structure of interest is always in focus. The Tomosynthesis function on AMULET Innovality is suitable for a wide range of uses, offering two modes to cater for various clinical scenarios. Standard (ST) mode combines rapid exposure timing and efficient workflow with a low X-ray dose while High Resolution (HR) mode makes it possible to produce images with an even higher level of detail, allowing the region of interest to be brought into clearer focus.
Intelligent AEC optimizes the X-ray dose for each breast type
Intelligent AEC has advantages in defining the optimal dose for an examination compared to conventional AEC systems where the sensor position is fixed. Able to be used even in the presence of implants; intelligent AEC enables more accurate calculation of exposure parameters than is possible with conventional AEC systems. By allowing the use of automatic exposure for the implanted breast, Intelligent AEC can further enhance examination workflow.
Dedicated mammography AWS (Acquisition Workstation)
Optimal examination workflow
- Integrated X-ray controller allows setting and confirmation of exposure conditions on a single screen.
- Examination screen can be split and switched between 1, 2, or 4 image display.
- Individual images can be immediately output to a PACS, viewer or printer during an examination.
- Density and contrast can be easily adjusted while viewing images.
- Alignment of left and right images can be adjusted both automatically and manually.
High definition second monitor (3M/5M: Optional)
- A second, high resolution monitor can be added to the AWS making it possible to display previous images recalled from a PACS to ensure the mammographer has access to previous images at all times.
- For Tomosynthesis, reconstructed images can be displayed and subjected to image QC.