The RS80A offers greater diagnostic convenience and accuracy through latest innovations in imaging and usability. Its key features include:
Superb Image Quality
- 23″ full high-definition (FHD) LED Screen.
- S-Vision Architecture — Provides outstanding images through newly developed S-Vision Beamformer and Imaging Engine. These state-of-the-art technologies ensure detailed resolution and tissue uniformity for all types of applications in radiology and general imaging.
- S-Vue Transducer — Gives broader bandwidth and higher sensitivity to enable high image quality at depth. (Samsung Medison has expanded its premium probe line-up to support diagnosis over various areas such as chest, abdomen, carotid and thyroid.)
Higher Efficiency and Diagnostic Confidence
- S-Detect™ — Uses the standardized Breast Imaging-Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS®) score for analysis and classification of targeted regions. S-Detect™ results in more effective diagnosis by reducing unnecessary biopsies and saving time through simplified procedures.
- E-Breast™ & E-Thyroid™ — The latest breast and thyroid ElastoScan™ (Elastography) that makes it easier for users to distinguish benign from malignant masses through acquiring the strain ratio between the target and reference area faster than before.
- Advanced QuickScan™ — Allows important imaging parameters to be automatically adjusted, such as color gain, location of the color box and angle correction.
Innovative Design and Usability
- Intuitive Design — Equips a 3D Navigator with much less keys on the control panel for ease of use and greater examination throughput. Users are given more operating space as keyboard is embedded into the touch screen.
- The device can remember user’s favorable location and height of the control panel every time they run the system.
The RS80A had been introduced at various global medical exhibitions and congresses such as, the RSNA (Radiological Society of North America), ECR (European Congress of Radiology), SIRM (Società Italiana di Radiologia Medica), gathering positive impression for its exceptional image quality, ergonomic design and functional efficiency. The RS80A will be available in the Korean, European and Southeast Asian markets by the end of the month, and will be released in the U.S. in July.
“Samsung is finally putting its feet into the radiology market thanks to the launch of RS80A. We are confident that this premium system will provide users a new level of diagnostic quality and convenience,” said Soo-in Cho, CEO of Samsung Medison. “Samsung will continue to put its best efforts towards developing medical devices that deliver true-to-life images and features that provide faster diagnosis.”